Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This is what democracy looks like

"Since Tuesday, February 15, tens of thousands of Wisconsin residents have been flooding the State Capitol in Madison in protest of Governor Walker's proposed budget "repair" bill that would end 50 years of collective bargaining for Wisconsin workers." (www.prwatch.org)

For the last 8 days, Andrew and I have been fighting for our rights as teachers, and Wisconsinites.  On Friday, February 11th, our governor, Scott Walker, proposed a bill that would demolish unions for teachers and public employees.  I won't bore you with all the details, but I will tell you, it has been quite something to be a part of.  While there are many, many specifics that go beyond collective bargaining, I won't go into detail.  If you wish to learn more about how it is affecting us and our state, please let me know.  I will be more than happy to explain what I know.  

For now though, I will share some vids and pics of the last week.  I've said it this whole time, I have learned more this week about myself, Andrew, our feelings towards education, the government, and how a bill works in these past 8 days than I have in my entire life.  As our state moves forward, we are very unsure what will happen to our jobs and education in general, so we'll just have to see what happens.

I can only hope that these images inspire you as they have us to fight for what you believe in. 

This is the firefighters joining our protests.  So moving...
Lots of people out on a bitter night in WI.
 In the capital.
 A beautiful night at the capital.
 Supporting our cause.
 Almost 70,000 people on Sat. 2/19.
 So many supporters...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers