Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 27, 2012

Wealth is a Mindset

As seen in our newly painted and decorated bathroom I got some new artwork that I helped create.
My very most favorite thing in our newly painted bathroom is the artwork.  As you may or may not know, I follow the blog Young House Love.  It's a blog about a family who updates their house and blogs about it.  I love it.  Anyway, for Christmas, John, the husband, bought his wife, Sherry, a vintage style poster with a quote they like (seen here).  I loved that he created it with a quote special to them and created it with help from A Vintage Poster

So recently, during dinner with my Dad and Kelly we were having a conversation about being "rich".  In the drunk on wine state that I was in, I said that "wealth is a mindset."  Meaning, Andrew and I are not rich by any means, but we feel rich in the experiences we have had, the family and friends that we share our lives with and the love we have for each other.  Well, I just thought that was the most profound thing that I had ever said.  The more I thought about it, the more I loved it and the more it has become a true "mindset."  So with the help of Sara, from A Vintage Poster, we came up with this peice.  I gave her the color scheme I wanted, told her I wanted an image and she came up with a couple of options.  We tweaked a couple of things and voila, here you have it

The older I get, the more I realize it's really not about what you have but who spend your life with.  I hope all of you can appreciate the life that you live and who you spend it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers