Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Paige's Trip to CO

Wow, what a super fun summer so far.  At the end of June, Jeanette, Melissa and I took a road trip to Colorado.  Melissa's boyfriend spends the summer working/teaching in Golden, CO and Melissa was having a hard time figuring out how to get her pup Sadie out there.  I suggested that she teach summer school with us and then we would drive her and Sadie out there, then J and I would fly back.  Great idea, right?!?! 
Getting ready for the road...
This vacation went without a hitch and we all had a great time.  I did so many new things in such a short amount of time. Beware, picture overload to ensue....

We first went white water rafting.  I have always wanted to go, but never had the chance, and thought I would be too scared.  Well, I did about pee my pants, but I made it through.  

Next, we went horseback riding.  Now this was not your typical nose-to-butt horseback ride.  We had complete control over the horses and we each took turns leading the back.  I have never ridden a horse before, but picked it up easily.  We even cantered.
                 Taking the reins.                  
 
The whole gang.
 
 
              Me and my horse, Leia.                  
The view at 10,000 feet above Sea Level. 


We then did some hiking up Look-Out Mountain. 
 
 
And finally, we went to the Coors Brewery in Golden, CO.  

It was an amazing trip.  We had such a great time and I didn't even get altitude sickness.  I hope to take Andrew to CO sometime soon.  More pictures are on facebook if you wish to see more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers